Our trip to Ethiopia March 2008!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Update!

Just a quick update!  It is almost 7am here(midnight at home) and we slept well last night!  Actually I have slept well since I got here, not the case for everyone!  Monday was a great day!  We got to spend the entire morning with Marlee!  She was so excited to see us again!  We took her back to the guest house to spend time here with all of the other children, they had so much fun!  I got her to take a little rice cereal and some of a bottle(impressed about this!)  She wasn't really sure about it!  Here they drink out of cups(for sanitary reasons) not bottles!  Marlee is a lovely baby!  She really doesn't cry, but boy she babbles(should do ok in our family!)  We had a sun hat on her and she looked adorable!  Steve and I kept fighting over who gets to hold her, well not really fighting:)  When we dropped her back at the care center I put her down and she started to wimper then when I came back she smiled again!  Good sign.  It killed us to have to leave her again.  I do feel it is best for her to slowly transition though! 
 
After dropping her we went to see the hospital sponsored by CHSFS!  It was amazing to see all that our agency is doing for the community.  It is a hospital for women and children.  THey had 3 c-sections the day we were there!  They have wonderful goals and it was a great experience to go!  We also got to see the school!  The school is new and it is great!  There is a great teacher student ratio!  The facility is wonderful!  Our agency also sponsors this school!  After that we headed shopping for a few last things!  I didn't mind this!
 
Today we got have a good-bye ceremony in the morning at the care center!  This is when the nannies and workers say goodbye to the kids and we take them into our care!  Seeing how much the nannies lover our kids, I know this will be another emotional day!  They take such good care of our kids, it is amazing!  After the ceremony we head to the American Embassy to complete our adoption process!  Wow, what a year!  I can't believe that our journey of adopting her is almost over.  We have a great journey ahead though!
 
BTW-for those waiting for babies!  We went to the Hossana care center, there were so many beautiful babies!  We got to see them all!  To my friend Jen from Carmel, I was thinking when I was with those babies that one of them is probably your son or daughter!  They are all so wonderful.  A couple of them we could not get to stop laughing, it was great!  They get great care in Hossana too!  I heard from someone else in the group(don't quote me) that there may be some little ones coming up to the care center tomorrow!  Anyway just thought I would share!
 
All for now, I am going to get dressed and ready to go see Marlee!  We are excited to get home and introduce her to the kids!  I can't wait for Noah and Della to see their new baby sister!
 
R


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No comments: