Our trip to Ethiopia March 2008!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone!
 
Something is wrong with my yahoo account so I have not been able to update as much as I wanted!  I am sending this from a friends account! 
 
Here is a quick update on Saturday and Sunday!  Saturday we got to spend time with Marlee in the morning!  She was very happy to see us when we got there!  The funny thing is when we get there, she talks a bit and then zonks out!  What a doll!  Then we got to see part of the life book that CHSFS created for us!  It is amazing.  They do an interview with birth family members and show her birthplace!  What a great thing!  I can not put into words how touching this video was!  Then we got to see Marlee for a short time more!  After that we went shopping, I was really dreading it, HA!  Lets just say I did well!  That was not the end of our day though, we then went to a traditional Ethiopian dinner at the Crowne Hotel!  It was good.  The food was actually less spicy than the Ethiopian restaurant in Indy.  I liked that!  We saw traditional Ethiopian dancers and they were spectacular.  I think all the women here are absolutely beautiful, both inside and out!  Great night!
 
This morning we woke up and were out by 5am!  We went on a trip to Hossana, south of Addis Ababa!  This is the trip where we meet a representative of Marlee's birth family.  I am still trying to process this trip.  I don't think right now I can put it into words!  I will tell you that it took about 3 hours to get there and the road was OK, paved, ride not so bad!  Lots of livestock and people on roads where we were at least going 55mph.  Takes a bit of getting used to .  We did see the country and it is beautiful!  Hills, trees, just lovely!  On the way back we had a flat tire so it added on an extra 40 minutes or so but the trip was amazing!  Highly emotional but unforgettable.  We are back now and all going to bed early!  Tomorrow we get to spend the morning with Marlee here at the guesthouse and then activities in the afternoon.  Tuesday is the good-bye ceremony at the care center and then we get full custody of her.  We will go to the Embassy Tuesday afternoon to apply for her VISA.  Wednesday is a free day with a hair braiding class, Thursday we do a cooking class in the morning and late afternoon head to the airport! 
 
Wow this week has flown by so far and has been the experience of a lifetime!  There is so much to say and I am so tired I can't really put it together now!  The people here are happy and loving people and am so glad we have been given this opportunity to experience the beauty and culture of this country!  That is all for now!  I am not sure if my previous posts have made it but I will catch up when we get home! 
 
Happy Easter!
 
R


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments: