Our trip to Ethiopia March 2008!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was Noah's first day of first grade!! He was so excited he woke quite early. We all walked him to the bus and then the girls and I had a peaceful day of running errands and cleaning out cupboards. Sounds like fun, huh? Actually separating Noah and Della makes things remarkably calm. Those two are day and night and they don't have very much in common at this point so it shows in their behavior. It sounds like Noah likes his teacher too. He told me about his day and said they worked on some math and then he said, "Mom it was really easy." Noah does multiplication in his head, he has also done square roots. Yes first grade. Both Steve and I wonder where he gets it. I do have many engineers on my side of the family, maybe that is it. Either way, I am a proud mama!

The show closed Sunday with a big audience. I can't believe summer is over. It went fast. My best friend Alicia and her husband brought their oldest two girls to see the show and they enjoyed it. I will post some pics in the next post, not enough time now. Della stayed with me while Steve took Noah to his ice cream social and she was in all her glory. I took her back to the dressing rooms and on the stage. I think we know now what her calling is. She has been singing "Notice Me Horton" since Sunday and I even heard her sing it during the show. It makes me happy to see her love something that I also love.

Miss Marlee got two shots today. She is quite the talker lately too. Loud, so yes she fits in fine. Everyone in our family has a descent set of lungs. Things are about to get more calm, I think! Well pics to come! I have to go make sure Noah gets off the bus!

1 comment:

Chatter said...

Glad to hear the show went well and that things are calming down for you. Can't wait to see some more pics of the kids! Looks like Marlee is getting some hair. Talk to you soon :)