So the past few days have been different or I guess you should say made me feel different!
Lets start with Monday. Della has had 3 UTI's and a kidney infection in the past year so she had to be scheduled for a VCUG and ultrasound. They needed to check and see why this is happening. She had to take a liquid sedative because it is quite an uncomfortable procedure for little ones. Della on a sedative, wow, I was crying I was laughing so hard. The girl reminded me of myself when I have had a few. What a giggler. She looked at me and was an inch away from my face, noses almost touching and says in a shocked voice, "Mom you have two eyes!" I think she met one looked like two but who knows. The nurses were all laughing at her because she was such a cutie. I should have had my video camera because I have not laughed that hard in ages. Then we went to see my mother after the procedure with strict instructions that Della could not walk for two hours. Well she was hungry so my mom pulled out the Cheetos and put the can in front of her and she stuck her hand in, thought she had one but did not, brought her hand to her mouth and took a bite of nothing. We were laughing like crazy and she thought it was great she was so funny!
While I was at Mom's I got a call from Noah's school nurse saying her fell running at recess and has a bump on his head. She said they iced it and he went back to class. I asked if he was OK and she said he was much better than some of her 5Th graders, tough guy. When he got home I looked at the bump and it was quite large.
Then I get a call from Della's Dr. saying that she needs to see a urologist because they think she has a duplex kidney. Of course they didn't give me specifics just said the Urologist would explain. Great, like my mind needs to wander more than it does. I did do research on the Internet and it doesn't sound horrible so my outlook is positive! That was yesterday. Needless to say it ended with a walk with my cuz Kate because I called her and told her she was going no matter what! Thanks Kate for being my stress relief!
Now for Tuesday....On Saturday night while at the lake my friend Brenda called me and told me that a regular member of the church service I just left had lost her battle with cancer and her funeral was Tuesday. She was an amazing woman and so warm. She asked me if I would sing with her, my other friend Lauren and our friend and pastor Carolyn for the funeral. I said yes. That was this morning. What an experience. Carolyn was my pastor for about 5 years before she moved to another church. She is a wonderful speaker and such a loving person. I sang with Lauren and Brenda in a Contemporary Christian quartet for about 3 years. Our 4Th member Emily, flew south to Florida:( Anyway I have not felt so close to God in a while. It was a beautiful service. My friend Richard played piano and he is an amazing musician. We haven't sung together in a year and we picked up right where we left off. I miss them and the worship we create together. Female vocalists are a dime a dozen, I can say that because I am one, but if you put three soloists together and they can blend and sound like one, now that is something. What an experience, that is all I can say! God works in mysterious ways. When we were together as a group we could barely get our schedule to work out for a service months in advance but we had a couple days notice and we made it work. I am thankful for this service, for the woman that was celebrated and for the experience she gave me.
OK, that is as deep as I get now. Tomorrow is a new day and we have Marlee's last meeting with our home study agency! Wow! She has been with us almost 5 months and is really just one of the gang! Yes these past two days have been strange but great! BTW- keep on reading, I did some serious post catch up today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Rachael
I still marvel at how beautiful you and your family are...inside and out. It has been such a blessing to get to know you through your blog. I only wish I had known you better at Good Ol' Purdue. Enjoy the approach of fall. I love getting back into a routine and anticipating the golden trees, crisp evenings, and sweatshirts and hot cider. Keep blogging your life...I love it!
I miss singing with you so much!!! I haven't found my niche here in FL yet, but I feel it is close. I will put Della and Noah in my prayers (and Marlee too, the cutie!) I am cracking up thinking of Della on a sedative (Taking a bite of nothing.) :)
Post a Comment