




It is hard to believe our little Marlee has been home 5 months now. She has changed and grown so much. When she got here she was between the 5-10th percentile for height and weight. Now she is in the 50th percentile for both. The first few months she was with us she didn't cry much but was very pleasant. She just dealt with everything. Now, she screams when she wants something and when she gets in trouble, yes she does get in trouble. Not that she isn't pleasant anymore but we are beginning to see that she has some spunk in her, that could also be nurture:) Another thing I find wonderful is that when she arrived she didn't really care who was holding her or if you left the room, she just loved everyone. Now when I leave the room she gets mad! She also knows who I am and sometimes is turned off by strangers. This is all good and means she is attaching well.
Marlee is crawling, pulling up, eating solid foods. She likes grilled zucchini, unlike my other two who plug their noses when I make them eat all of it on their plate! She is still very scheduled and takes two naps a day but is generally happy if she gets thrown off a bit. I can't imagine life without her in it. She has been such a blessing to us! When she is napping I think of the next time I will get to see that smile and let me tell you, it is always there when she is in her crib waiting for "Ma ma" which she says well.
As I look at the pictures I can't believe the journey we have taken for the past year and a half. It was the most amazing one! I don't like to push adoption on people because I honestly do not think it is for everyone but if you even have a slight interest in it I highly recommend doing more research before dismissing it. You will never be the same after the experience. You will look at life different, people different and the world different. Not only that you will change your other children's lives as well. There is my plug I guess. Now enjoy the first and most recent pics we have of our Ethiopian Princess! The two first pics are her referral picture and one that was taken in Ethiopia! Enjoy!




2 comments:
Rachael,
As an mother to an adopted daughter I would second everything you said about adoption. It does change you down to your core! Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful daughter!
She is beautiful!! And she has gotten so big. Call me this week so we can catch up :)
Post a Comment