


We are all really starting to adjust to having Marlee here. The kids know that during nap time we can't stray too far away from the house and as you can see from the picture, family dinners are a bit different. Marlee did not like being in the highchair when we ate so we started putting the bumbo on the table and she loves it. Don't worry we are always with her when she is in there but she watches intently as we eat. I feel bad but what are you going to do?
Marlee had her Dr. appt. on Monday and we found out she has an ear infection. She must have just gotten it because I took her in the week before and she had nothing. She certainly is a happy baby even when she is in pain. Now that she is on the antibiotic she is even happier. I have seen quite a few smiles the past few days and even close to a giggle.
The bonding is 10 times better than last week. She is opening up to us and us to her. We still have a long way to go but things are definitely progressing.
The thing that has been the hardest for me is giving up some "me" time. As Noah and Della got older, I got more and more of it. I still get some but not as much. It has been difficult for me because I haven't had a baby in 4.5 years. I had forgotten some things I guess. I am not complaining because it works now but it would be a lie if I didn't say it was a shock to my system at first. Now I am getting used to it and am enjoying spending time outside with the kids. One great thing is I don't spend nearly as much money because I don't make useless trips out, just the needed ones!
We want to thank everyone for the dinners, visits and phone calls! It has been good to connect with people. We had such an amazing experience in Ethiopia and love sharing our time there with others. When I say life-changing, that is an understatement! Have a great Thursday!




No comments:
Post a Comment