Our trip to Ethiopia March 2008!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Friendship!





Sometimes I just need to take a step back and look at all of the blessings that God has given me. I have amazing family and friends. I have talked about my BFF Alicia before but I will go a bit more in depth now. I must be a new mom because I am going all nostalgic on you. Alicia and I met in 8Th grade science class. We were put together as lab partners. At first you would look at us and think, what an unlikely pair. I wore "MC Hammer pants" and had my hair hair sprayed just about to the ceiling(that's what you get with a musician father and artist mother) and she was a clean cut gal, looked rather intelligent. I was loving being paired with a "smart one," little did I know we were about on the same level, in every way!


That was it, that is how it started and I am so thankful. She gives the old term "LYLAS(love you like a sister)" meaning. We both have brothers so it has been nice to have someone like a sister to me. We have been through junior high, white water rafting, drivers ed, dating, collage, spouses, parenthood and my first camping experience together. There are way to many stories to share but they are all quite amusing.


Alicia, Jason(her wonderful spouse) and their 3 girls came for a visit yesterday. We both have 3 kids now. OK one funny story. When my water broke with Noah I called her and told her he was coming. At that time she had no children so she came down for the birth. I told her she could stay in the delivery room. Well probably not a good idea because I had a painful and long 2 hours of pushing because my epidural did not take on one side and I ended up having to have a c-section. Well she went back to my house to sleep, not feeling great. She left to go home the next day and I spoke with her a few days later. She said she was waiting to call me because she took a pregnancy test when she got home and she was pregnant. I scared the living daylights out of her with my labor, good thing she has easy ones! 9 months after that, Mya was born. Then came Della(mine), Maggie(hers), Morgan(hers) and Marlee(ours of coarse.)


Ok back to the point of the post, what was that again. No I am not a writer, more of a speaker, definitely not a writer. They came for a visit yesterday and the kids had fun, Alicia and I went shopping, couldn't have been a better day. I snapped some pics when I could but with 6 of them, things were crazy! All I can say is poor Noah, with 5 girls. BTW, I actually got a pic of Marlee smiling, she must like the chaos!

1 comment:

Chatter said...

Great pics Rach!! Glad you had such a fun day :)