
Since I posted last we have been really busy with paperwork, had our home study, it went well and surgeries. Lets start with the paperwork. Turns out I am very quick when it comes to this. We are just waiting on a few background checks to get the home study ready to go to WACAP(the agency we picked) for approval. After approval, our social worker is sending in our I600A and the bummer on that is that it says Indiana is taking 3 months for approval, that this is about a month longer than last time. Once we get cleared from CIS we are on the waiting list. The wait is about 1-10 months, probably on the low side for an older child. After a referral we will have about 1-2 months to court and then about 1-2 months to travel. The courts shut down in Ethiopia during their rainy season, August through early October, so cases will not be heard then. We are hoping to have a holiday homecoming but are OK even if it is next year!
So for the surgeries, Steve go his ability to produce offspring taken away last Friday. I have to say he took it like a trooper, I also don't think I have much sympathy after 2 c-sections:) Now that Steve is done, we take Noah in tomorrow. For what, well it is quite interesting. His circumcision was not done right when he was a day old:( We have been asking the Dr. about it for years but she kept saying he would grow into it, well it turns out they forgot to snip some skin. OK too graphic, but she finally looked at it closer and now we need to take care of it. The cute little guy is not even nervous, he just knows that Daddy had something last week and it is his turn this week. That kid is fearless, love him:) So I will be taking care of my other man this weekend.
We are also coming up on our 1 year famiversary on March 28th. I am not sure what we are going to do but it is a holiday in our home:) Marlee has been such a blessing and I don't know what life would be like if we hadn't followed our hearts to Ethiopia. We fell in love with her and we can't wait to fall in love with our other child, yet to be known, in Ethiopia.




No comments:
Post a Comment