Our trip to Ethiopia March 2008!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Steve took the day off!

For Mother's day this year Steve gave me the day off! He took a day off work and I got to do whatever I wanted. What did I do? I went to the gym this morning, came back and showered, then Steve and I took the girls to some garage sales, still looking for a Jump-a-roo for Marlee. No such luck, it is like finding a needle in a haystack and I am way to cheap to buy one full price. I think when you have your first you buy everything, it is soooo important for them to have "things" right? With the second you just reuse. Well we got rid of all of our things after Della so we have to get everything over again. This is why I am cheap, I know they won't use this stuff for long. She does enjoy jumping though so I will press on!

Anyway after that we put Marlee down and I went outside in the backyard and relaxed in the sun, it was great!

The kids are doing great! Della is out of school and Noah still has a couple of weeks. Marlee is still a great sleeper and becoming more and more attached every day. She will even fuss when we put her to bed now. She wants to be in on everything. She doesn't fuss too long, maybe 10 minutes and then she is out, all night long!!!! We are definitely getting in a groove!

Since things are going well I figured why not multi-task a little:) I have figured out that I am not happy unless I have a project, something to work on. I have a list of things that I want to do for "me." Not for the kids or Steve or even church, for "me." One of those things is musical theatre! I have a lot of performance experience but have never done musical theatre, well a revue type thing at church. I finally have a chance to after a year of talking about it. I auditioned for our local community theatre's production of "Seussical." For those of you who don't know it is a musical based on many Dr. Seuss characters. It has some fun music, pop-influenced, right up my alley! Well, I got a really great part. Mayzie LaBird. I am so excited to play this part! Anyway if you are in the area you can come and bring the kids. I can't believe I am doing something all for "ME." I love to perform and I get to do it. Anyway, that is why I am multi-tasking this summer, well I always multi-task, but this will be more than usual!

Well I guess this post was mostly about me! Don't worry this won't happen much, I am not that interesting:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachael, Just found your blog after we met at the Hands Of Hope Picnic... do you still need a jump a roo? I have a fairly old one (I think I know what you are talking about... is it one of those things that hang off the door frame and has a spring to bounce?). I have one from my first child (so it is over 5 years old) that is collecting dust under a bed somewhere. Email me at shellielliott@hotmail.com and I can send you a pic of it.