Ok, I am not sleeping very well anymore. I woke up the other day at 4:45 ready to go. Steve thinks I am nuts! I think I am anxious about getting Marlee. She is ours now and I just can't wait to go and meet her. The night before my scheduled c-section with Della I didn't sleep at all either. Maybe this is getting me ready for having a baby around the house again, oh well! I am also nesting, strangest thing ever, I actually cleaned the blinds the other day, not typical for me. Marlee's room still isn't done but close and we are also getting closer on collecting baby gear. I think I have way too much going through my head, that is why I can't sleep.
Other news, Steve and I got our first round of vaccinations on Monday, $500 for the first round, knocked our socks off, considering there are 3 rounds! Oh well ya gotta do what ya gotta do! We have two more rounds to go. I got a slight fever an sore throat after, plus my arm swelled(typical for me) and Steve just had a sore arm. All in all we are sooooo excited to visit Marlees birth country. We found our yesterday that we will have an opportunity to meet her birth family. Our agency is amazing. They have been taking video footage of her and will when we first meet her and they put it all together in what they call a Lifebook! We just need to continue it, another challenge for me, but I am up for it! I am on an email list with some other families who got through court on the same day and they think there is a chance we could travel as early as March 20th. That would be harder to work out as far as Noah and Della are concerned but Steve and I both want to get over there as soon as possible. Time will tell!!!
We got a letter from the homestudy agency saying we needed to update our homestudy by April 2nd. That means all the fingerprinting etc, all needs to be redone. I guess there is a new law in Indiana that states this! Just when you think you have got it under control, here we go. We got one set of fingerprints tonight and more tomorrow, yipee! Seriously, it is hard to believe that we started this process over a year ago. What an amazing journey and the best part hasn't even happened yet! I have heard from others who have adopted that it is life changing and I would have to agree. What an emotional rollarcoaster, filled with some amazing moments! The best is yet to come!
Obviously after reading this post, you probably agree my mind is all over the place. Well that is all for now, more later!
Rachael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment